[OM] Judging pictures - Re: Slide mountning marathon!

Subject: [OM] Judging pictures - Re: Slide mountning marathon!
From: "DrT \(George Themelis\)" <drt-3d@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 13:09:13 -0400
> I've had some serious thuds from what I expected to be popular. And what I
> consider a real dud has turned out to be a favorite.  There's no
> accounting
> for taste, I guess.

Yes, this is part of human nature, which makes things more interesting...
Otherwise, we would have computer programs judge our pictures :)

I once conducted a judging workshop in our club.  As part of the workshop I
projected a number of pictures which ranged from excellent to really bad and
had the entire group vote. I then collected and analyzed the data.  The
results were surprising!

Specifically, I tried to include one slide that was the WORSE picture I have
ever seen!  It was a scenic that was out of focus, scratched, overexposed,
with no depth.  In other words, it was TERRIBLE!!!  It had nothing,
absolutely NOTHING going for it.  And yet, there were some people who gave
it top score. Go figure! :)

George