Re: [OM] [Leica] Nathan's PAD 25/08/2009: father and son

Subject: Re: [OM] [Leica] Nathan's PAD 25/08/2009: father and son
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 18:31:16 -0700
SwissPace wrote:
> I really wish I knew how to do things like that!

This was easier than many, but one needs an editor with layers like PS
for it to be easy.

- Create two copies of the background layer, Layer 1 & Layer 2

- On Layer 2, the top one, select the area between father and son,
including the unwanted boy and water. The Quick Selection Tool did most
of the job in a moment. I cleaned up an edge with the Polygonal Lasso
Tool, but one could as easily clean up any edges later by painting the mask.

- Click on the icon at the bottom of the Layers control Tab to create a
mask for this layer. Ctrl-I to invert the mask, or whatever the Mac
keystroke is. You are now seeing Layer 1 through a "window" in Layer 2

- Select the Move Tool form the Tool Pallete, select Layer 1 and move
Layer 1 around until an appropriate area of water shows through the
window/mask.
- Select Layer 2 and Merge down onto Layer 1 [Ctrl-E]

Getting rid of the pole is just application of the Clone Tool.

Moose