Re: [OM] Paging Dr. Small Prints--print mess up

Subject: Re: [OM] Paging Dr. Small Prints--print mess up
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 16:59:17 -0300
Thanks a lot, Joel. Just had a minute to come to the computer, and your
email arrived :-)

Joel Wilcox wrote:
> Here's where I read most of my "Bruce" articles
>
> http://www.creativepro.com/articles/author/127446
>
> I'm a little ashamed I never bought his books, but they went through a
> lot of editions.
Well, now you may buy the last one ... I'm not sure if I may found one
of them, but will search.
> He was a nice guy and participated sometimes on an
> Epson printer list which was as lively as this one at its height
> (though not as nice).  He was without pretense or condescension, which
> is tough for an "expert on the internet" where you get no cred if
> you're not constantly proving how smart you are (i.e., that seems to
> be the psychology of it).

It is, absolutely. And I'm not talking of this list in particular, on
the contrary, this is one of the most mature web resource I've found in
years.
> If you Google "Bruce RGB" you can get the settings for his own color
> profile, which he introduced because he didn't like the original
> AdobeRGB.  His greens were better.  I used to standardize on it until
> I heard that AdobeGB(1998) was largely the same as BruceRGB.
>
> I should just standardize on sRGB and be done with it, but I can't --
> in part because I liked Bruce Fraser.

Oh! - I should too. People I highly respect here have told me so. It's
beyond reasoning: I cannot.
More: after calibrating this CRT using C.H. recommended site, everything
fitted so perfectly well that the Nvidia card needed to be at its
default settings, and when running Adobe Gamma, I was able to easily
select the neutral gray square without hesitations - while if I load
aRGB1998 I'm always doubting if neutral gray would be that one
corresponding to 6500 or 7200ºK !!

Fernando.