[OM] Question: Early OM-1?

Subject: [OM] Question: Early OM-1?
From: "DrT \(George Themelis\)" <drt-3d@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 09:44:56 -0400
Hi, I am back!  (out of digest)

I got an OM1 and I was surprised to find that it is not motor-drive/winder
"ready".  The serial number is T55746.  I removed the pressure plate (thanks
to the Dutch friend who told me about this) and it is stamped Z 3 2.

Can someone tell me when this was produced and if it is a newer model?

Related question: Are there any numbers of how many different cameras from
each model were produced? Just looking at ebay sales, it seems that the most
common Olympus is the OM1, followed by OM10.

George