Re: [OM] Olympus Power Bounce Grip 2

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus Power Bounce Grip 2
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 17:57:22 -0400
NiCad or NiMH will charge faster than alkalines because they deliver a
higher current.  But the lower voltage of NiCad and NiMH delivers lower
total flash power against the higher voltage fresh alkalines (but they
only stay fresh for about 30 shots).  On a T32, fresh alkalines will
produce 1/2 stop greater power output than NiMH.  After about 30 flashes
the voltage is dropping off on the alkalines and their output begins to
look more like the NiMH.

Chuck Norcutt