Re: [OM] Olympus Power Bounce Grip 2

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus Power Bounce Grip 2
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 08:43:05 -0500

> The accuracy is important if you use GN to calculate the aperture and you
> can choose a power from 1/1 to 1/128. In normal Auto mode you can set ISO
> by
> 1/3 stop increment....

Agreed.  However, when pushing the limits of the flash (full dump), even in
auto mode you run the risk of getting underexposed shots with the flash.

BTW, a new FL50 today cost around $380 but a new T32 at 1980 cost $100, it
> was not cheap at that time. I purchased my FL50 used in 2004, it was $280.
> have sold all Olympus digital equipment except this flash, it is the best
> flash I have ever seen.

This is a very interesting point that you bring up.  When I was building up
my OM kit I was able to purchase a very decent Vivitar dedicated flash for
about half the cost of the T32.  I missed absolutely nothing and it fit in
with the rest of my Vivitar kit.  No regrets at all, but the T32 was a far
better built unit.

I agree with the overall assessment of the FL50.  It is an amazingly good
flash and when put on either the E-1 or E-3, it makes event shooting a whole
lot easier when going indoors and outdoors, and switching between flash and
ambient.

But without a doubt, the sweetest OM flash has to be the T45.  Now that
thing rocks!

AG