Re: [OM] SP Systems Power Pack w/T32

Subject: Re: [OM] SP Systems Power Pack w/T32
From: Robert Burnette <r.burnette@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 01:26:50 -0400
Thanks Chuck:

Ahhhh. So that's why you chose the Alien Bees CSRB receiver instead of the CSR.
I purchased the CSTs and CSRs since we have to supply AC to our AB units
anyway. I suppose that I'll have to order a CSRB+ so I can use it with the
T32s and the SP power pack . I'll need to switch to the CSR+(s) soon anyway,
since I am very interested in the upcoming Cyber Commander unit for total
remote control of our AB lights. I was told that I can swap my newest CSR
(still boxed) in on the CSR+ unit. (That's why I like dealing with Paul C.
Buff.)

Eventually, I plan to purchase a Vagabond II Portable Power System for remote
(location) shoots. Now I plan photo ops where there is AC power available (i.e
park lodges). A dual T32,SP pack, umbrella and collapsible reflector set-up
would give me more flexibility for certain shoots.

I have three T32s, a TTL Auto Cord 0.3m, a bar with two hot shoes mounted on
it, a couple of TTL Auto Connector T20s, the tripod/umbrella adapter and a
couple of sizes of umbrellas. I need the QT48 and another C03 cable. I need the
spare C03 for the new SP power pack. That will solve the dual C03 problem.

Incidently, have you seen AB's new 86" PLM Parabolic Umbrella? That thing is
huge! It looks like a small parachute when opened. I plan to experiment with it
in dim church settings for wedding group shots. It looks like it would light an
entire church altar area with a AB 800 unit attached. (Another reason to get
the Vagabond II power system. It would save a lot of searching for electrical
outlets.)

Robert