Re: [OM] Two recent images (f/2.0 zuikos)

Subject: Re: [OM] Two recent images (f/2.0 zuikos)
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 09:35:51 -0500
On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 11:13 AM, Dawid Loubser<dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am often a sucker for shooting Kodak TMX P3200 film, I just
> love the texture / tones. These are two fairly recent (snapshots?)
> which I wet-printed to 5x7in RC satin paper, and lightly toned
> in Thiocarbamide toner for a gentle duo-toned effect.
>
> OM-1, 24/2.0 wide open, 1/8s
> http://fc00.deviantart.com/fs48/f/2009/226/7/d/La_San_Marco_by_philosomatographer.jpg
>
> OM-1, 90/2.0M wide open, 1/30s
> http://fc08.deviantart.com/fs46/f/2009/226/a/b/People__s_Car_by_philosomatographer.jpg
>
> The shutter speeds indicate the exceptionally poor lighting both of
> these were taken
> in, but they both illustrate an effect I love: Grain, together with
> good (smooth) bokeh.
> Somebody needs to invent a word for this (Bograin? Grainkeh?) but I
> very often strive
> to get the effect.

I like that effect too.  Well done.  I especially like the second
image, not for the least of which reasons that I love VWs, having had
a Super Beetle for many years, and then a Jetta.  I missed having a VW
so much that a year ago I took a 1991 GTI off my brother's hands and
have been slowly bringing it back to life, much to the consternation
of my kids but to the measured approval of the Mrs. at least.  My
daughter wants a dog and doesn't understand it when I say, "No, we
have cars, motorcycles, and cameras."

Joel W.