Re: [OM] question for Doctor Monitor, if he exists

Subject: Re: [OM] question for Doctor Monitor, if he exists
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 01:33:58 +0800
The memory is now very cheap, 2x2GB 800MHz CL5 only cost $46 here so I had
my computer upgraded few weeks ago. I created a RAMDISK of 2.5GB because PS
can easily write a temp file of over 1.5GB when you edit a single 120MB
file. Sometimes I need to work with even larger files so 2.5GB is more safe.
I don't see reserving more memory to PS will help here. Actually, I didn't
see my computer running faster when upgraded from 1GB to 2GB RAM some time
ago but I do see improvement when using the RAMDISK to save PS temp file.

I don't know how the RAMDISK software work, I just use PC Wizard 2009 to
check both my Seagate 500GB and the RAMDISK, the RAMDISK just run at least
12 times faster.

C.H.Ling