Re: [OM] ( OM ) OM1 (or Pen?) variant to be seen

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) OM1 (or Pen?) variant to be seen
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 15:58:51 +0200
Nice! A bit kludgy compared to the "real thing"
(http://www.linhof.de/images/T617_neu.jpg
) [yes, I know that
was a snobbish thing to say...] but I am sure at a much more
reasonable price. And, assuming the film back is
properly done for flatness etc. should yield equivalent results.

When you receive it, I'd be very interested to hear about your
experience with the viewfinder. I realise
it's incredibly difficult to build a Lambda-type viewfinder that
covers the viewing angle of these beasts, and
I am very happy with the Linhof finder, but I wish they could make one
free from barrel distortion, it'd make
horisontal leveling so much easier...

I'd also love to hear what you paid? I got my second-hand 617S for
$2000 (equivalent, got it locally).

Enjoy, if you've never shot 6x17 before, it'll change your life... I
love it.

regards,
Dawid