Re: [OM] question for Doctor Monitor, if he exists

Subject: Re: [OM] question for Doctor Monitor, if he exists
From: khen lim <castanet.xiosnetworks@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 11:09:54 +0800
How interesting. Then I wonder why manufacturers are quoting the wrong
contrast ratio given that your calculation shows that it's so radically
different. Isn't that unethical? Or are their calculations arrived
differently via an equally valid reasoning?
K.

2009/8/14 C.H.Ling <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> I calculated the contrast ratio based on Spyder 2 Pro's reading, after
> calibration it will show the white luminance and dark luminance. Dividing
> them you get the contrast ratio. But I remove the calibration after I found
> it does not give me better gamma accuracy.
>
> BTW, the samsung I have quoted 800:1 but actually only 2xx:1. The very
> expensive EIZO for graphic pro only quoted 550:1.
>
> C.H.Ling

Khen Lim - Zone-10 LLC, Des Moines, Iowa, USA

"To sin by silence when we should protest makes cowards of people” - Emily
Cox
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them" - Walt
Disney