[OM] Oh what fun....

Subject: [OM] Oh what fun....
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 18:08:55 -0500
Life in the telecommunications industry....  Somedays you feel like the
Biblical character Job.

We got a fiber-optic cut on the east side of the state when some moron with
a backhoe was clearing a ditch.  We got the conference-call set up when a
couple minutes later we lost 1/4 of the state when a power company planted a
new pole right through a fiber 150 miles away from the first cut.  Then not
five minutes later, we lost another fiber on the west side of the state when
some farmer mowed his ditches and literally shredded to the ground a couple
of our pedestals.

The third isolated several railroad track switches so it shutdown for six
hours one of the busiest railroads in the country...

What a day....and it's still not over with.

AG