Re: [OM] ( OM ) Definition of digital images

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) Definition of digital images
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 13:06:18 -0400
If that was your interpretation then you misunderstood.  But what is
clear is that sharpening is best performed at the resolution and
dimensions of the final print.  If you do that in camera and go
immediately to print then the JPEG image must be optimized for the
specific size print.  You can't get optimal results for a 4x6 and a 9x12
off the same JPEG image.  If you're going to shoot JPEG it should be
unsharpened and then resized and sharpened for the specific output size.
  The only relation to raw here is that raw is unsharpened by definition.

Chuck Norcutt