Re: [OM] ( OM ) Definition of digital images

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) Definition of digital images
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 20:29:45 -0400
I think printing an 8x12 directly from a camera JPEG is beyond what the
JPEG function of the camera is designed to do.  If nothing else the
amount of sharpening is probably wrong since it's likely based on making
a 4x6 print.  I think I said before that you are expecting your digital
camera to behave as a film camera with built-in print processor.  If you
want to get the best from the camera (and especially with large prints)
you'll have to shoot raw and do some minimal post-processing.

Chuck Norcutt