Re: [OM] To OM2000 or not to OM2000 [was Time to ask this question - bat

Subject: Re: [OM] To OM2000 or not to OM2000 [was Time to ask this question - batteries for OM-1? and: OM-1m??]
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2009 18:56:58 -0500
On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 6:16 PM, Moose<olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Dawid Loubser wrote:
>> OM-2000? Never! I do appreciate finely-crafted instruments, thank you :-)
>>

> Have you ever seen/handled/used one? It's clearly not a true OM, but
> neither is it cheesy feeling. A nice, solid feeling little body. It has
> features that are either unique or unique combined in one body, within
> OMdom.

Yup.

Also includes CW and spot metering.  Olympus and Nikon, maybe Canon?,
were all on the same bandwagon -- meaning, this body appeared under a
variety of marques.  I think the OM2000 is the only one that had spot
metering.

Gary Reese used it for a number of his lens tests, but the self-timer
broke.  He was initially quite enthusiastic about the body but lost
interest in it after that.  The selftimer is quite flimsy.  It's very
similar to the selftimer on my FE2 and FM2, just not as good.  Not
really made to hold up to a whole lot of MLU duty.

I should use mine more.  It's one of the few things Olympus I bought
new.  It takes flawless photos, and while I don't prefer it to any of
the single digit OMs, it's more than OK.  I just have too many other
options!

Joel W..