Re: [OM] Time to ask this question - batteries for OM-1? and: OM-1m??

Subject: Re: [OM] Time to ask this question - batteries for OM-1? and: OM-1m??
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2009 12:50:51 +0200
OM-2000? Never! I do appreciate finely-crafted instruments, thank
you :-)

And look, yes, a 3Ti *would* satisfy me very much if the $$$ were
readily at hand
(have you sold yours yet?) but I am thinking, in the absence of, what
would be
my ideal camera (second best). And one which continues to force me to
do everything,
including metering, manually.

Of course you can just switch an OM-3's meter off, yes, but it seems
like such a
waste... That wonderful meter...

Anyway, until then, I am making gratuitious use of the fact that over-
exposing black
and white film by a stop really makes almost no difference to the
darkroom print,
and when I can, using ND filters, or shooting Pan F at ISO 32 or less
to get slow
shutter speeds in bright light.

However, I do favour FP4 as my all-round film, because with a 24/2.0
or 50/1.4
lens, you can also take photos in some pretty bad light at ISO125.

ISO 25/32 is strictly for daylight / tripod work. And here I agree with
Christopher too, that, if you're going to use a tripod, just stick the
medium-format camera on it. 35mm is all about agility.