Re: [OM] Olympus OM stereo camera?

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus OM stereo camera?
From: "DrT \(George Themelis\)" <drt-3d@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2009 15:17:16 -0400
> I'm Impressed, you take this stuff seriously.

Well, yes, thank you!.

I became aware of stereo photography in 1988 through my graduate studies (a
short stereo biography is at www.georgethemelis.com) while taking a class on
the Scanning Electron Microscope. One lab had us take stereo pairs.

I was very impressed and while researching the topic, I discovered that
stereo photography was very popular in the 1950s in the US.  I saw pictures
of the Stereo Realist and in few months I found one in a garage sale.  I
asked my wife's permission (ahhh, the good old times, she never suspected
what would follow when she gave the OK) and I bought it.

So in 1988 I shot my first roll of stereo pictures with the Stereo Realist
and I was immediately hooked.  This was the beginning of a obsession that
never went away :)

George