Re: [OM] Week 31 - few fotos for fun

Subject: Re: [OM] Week 31 - few fotos for fun
From: Thomas Heide Clausen <Thomas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 12:15:12 +0200
Uh....ughh.....don't do it.....especially not if the laptop is
intended to be used "on the road".

I've been lugging around a 17" for the past couple of years, and man,
is that a HUGE and HEAVY machine. Another guy in my team acquired a
15", which is a lot lighter and easier on the back and in the
briefcases when traveling.

At the time, I had to get the 17" as I thought that I wanted a FW800
port -- the extra pounds have made that a lot less important for me,
and I'm known these days as the "odd man out" in meeting: I'm the one
with a legal pad and a fountain pen, rather than a laptop as
everybody else, due to the sheer hassle of dragging along the
17" (feel free to make OM-vs-wunderbrick analogy here....).

Yes, I am expecting a MacBook Air one of these days....size *does*
matter.

Thomas