Re: [OM] ( OM ) Digital landscapes - example

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) Digital landscapes - example
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2009 08:04:14 -0400
We might also mention that, if you're looking at the full size image at
1:1 on the screen it will certainly look a little fuzzy.  If you want to
see what it will look like on a print you should first resize to the
resolution desired for the print and then view and sharpen what you see
on-screen at 25-30% magnification.

For example, if the desired print was an 8x10 at 300 dpi, you would
first crop the 4:3 ratio image to 5:4 and then resize the cropped image
to 3000x2400.  After resizing, change the viewing magnification to about
30% and sharpen until the on-screen image looks just slightly crunchy.
The slight crunchiness will disappear on an inkjet print as the ink
spreads slightly after hitting the paper.

But for viewing on-screen only you need to resize to the intended screen
resolution first and then sharpen to what looks good on-screen.

Chuck Norcutt