Re: [OM] New member says "hi"

Subject: Re: [OM] New member says "hi"
From: "Wiliam Wagenaar" <wiliam@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2009 21:57:48 +0200
Gverge wrote:

> I don't understand why...

First of all welcome to the list. (I just corrected a type where I typed
"lust". Maybe I should not have bothered correcting, because this lust
is what this list is all about. It is also called zuikoholism (Very
special, seducive and highly contagious form of GAS (Gear Aquisition
Syndrome)). We are all zuikoholics after all.

Don't be fooled by the simpleness of the OM-system. There are a few
hundred parts out there waiting for your attention. Many lenses have
seen different versions. Some of us won't rest untuil they have all
varieties of all lenses. I believe from the 1.8/50mm alone 6 different
versions were produced.

Then there are quite some lenses that are very hard to get or for huge
amolunts of money. You already told  us you were not specially a
wide-angle typoe of guy, but just try and find a 3.5/18mm and you'll
know what I mean.

Have fun on this list, I am quite sure you will have. I have been here
since 1995 and know some have been even longer. Not always eaqully
active, but always reading through the mail.

Welcome again and just ask away. The Olympus knowledge on this list
hasn't found it's eaqual yet.

Wiliam from the Netherlands