Re: [OM] New member says "hi"

Subject: Re: [OM] New member says "hi"
From: "DrT \(George Themelis\)" <drt-3d@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2009 15:32:35 -0400
> Be warned, George, it never ends.

I don't understand why... I go to the "Unofficial Olympus OM Sales
Information File" (http://olympus.dementia.org/esif/om-sif.htm) and I click
in every section and see a very limited number of products.  This is such a
slim and neat list of equipment.  Most of these products can be found for
sale in ebay (or KEH or other major photo dealers) right now.  If one has
enough money, he can buy just about everything in a very short time. What
takes time is looking for bargains or very unusual items.

Try researching an equivalent Nikon line of products and your head will spin
:)

In 3 short weeks I have accumulated the following:

Camera bodies:
----------------
- Olympus OM1
- Olympus OM1n
- Olympus OM2n
- Olympus OM10 x 2

Lenses:
-------
- 50mm 1.8 x 2
- 50mm f3.5 Macro
- 200mm f4
- 300mm f4.5
- 21mm f3.5 - I decided to sell this lens... to wide for my taste:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370237984687
- Some off brand lenses that I will sell soon

Accessories:
------------
- 2 x Winder 2
- Several focusing screens
- 2 x Varimagni
- 7mm extension tube
- Bellows
- Slide Copier
- Double Cable release
- Carl Shipman's book
- T20 flash
- T30 flash

My immediate needs are:

- Pair of 100mm lenses - I need pairs of lenses for 3d
- Another 200mm
- Another 300mm
- 500mm lens

I think in a couple of months I will be done with what I need. I decided I
do not care much for the OM3 or OM4.  The OM1 and OM2 bodies are fine for
what I do.

To finance these and future purchases, I am now selling my Nikon collection.
I have a 300mm lens very similar to the Olympus, and the Nikon 500mm lens
(that can finance the 500mm Olympus lens) and numerous other bodies, lenses,
accessories.  I cannot believe I wasted all this time with Nikon :)

> I've never made it past step three in the twelve step Zuikohaulic program.
> Perhaps you'll do better 8^)

Is there a link to the complete 12 step program?  I might need it at some
point... :)

George