[OM] Olympus E-P1 review on DPR

Subject: [OM] Olympus E-P1 review on DPR
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 14:22:27 -0700
A lengthy review that I have not had the time and interest to go through
in detail yet.

In their usual through fashion, they have addressed the AF speed issue
with extensive comparisons to other cameras.

Final rating, "Highly Recommended", which sort of surprised me. I would
have expected "Recommended".

Height of ongoing stupidity to my thinking is to concinue to operate the
dust shaker upon turning the camera on. When turned off and on-demand
would make so much more sense in practical use.

"The traditional Olympus anti-dust sequence at startup also detracts
from the sense of responsiveness, slowing the startup time to two
seconds. This isn't a long time to wait in general terms but is enough
to stop you ripping the camera from your pocket if something unexpected
happens - you know the camera won't be ready in time."

Quite a contrast to Panny's stated goals with the new ZR1.

Moose