Re: [OM] sunset this evening

Subject: Re: [OM] sunset this evening
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 13:38:30 +1200
show tag information, (Irfanview & Fast-stone Image viewer), I regularly
check what photographers have used to create an image.

 Now that I have a few gigabytes free on my HDD, I have started
experimenting with ORF / RAW files, hoping to rescue images with blown-
out highlights ( autumn leaves in the sun, in forest shots, for example ). I
saved V 2.3 of Raw Therapee many months ago, and installed it a couple of
days ago. So far it has me confused as it doesn't seem to give progress
images as various changes are keyed in.  But it is very early days yet.

What programs are preferred for manipulating RAW files, and why?

I still tend to shoot digital in the conservative way I shoot film.
In the three years I have had the E-1, I have shot about 7,000 images with it.

Brian Swale.