[OM] Three more prints (Zuiko 90mm f/2.0 Macro)

Subject: [OM] Three more prints (Zuiko 90mm f/2.0 Macro)
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 08:39:41 +0200
Hello fellow zuikoholics,

I made three more 8x10 prints yesterday (still testing out the new-to-
me enlarger),
all of images made with the 90/2.0 Macro. More and more I realise just
how poor a
representative a digital scan is of the print (it's as if all the
'depth' is lost)
and perhaps this is why I switched to analogue B&W imaging totally:
This way, if
I want to see the image, I need to make a print of it. It's nice to
*start off*
with the richer media, and "degrade it" to a digital capture, versus
the other
way around.

However, this method of sharing is of course a little faster and
cheaper, so without
further ado, three examples (fairly random, all from the same roll, I
have so many
negs form the past year to work through...):

"Beach Detail"
I specifically took this image to compare it to a near-identical one I
made 4 years ago
with Canon's brilliant 100/2.8 USM Macro. No obvious conclusions yet,
but I love the
minute detail the Zuiko captures. Natural light, ~1:2 magnification on
glossy RC paper)
http://fc08.deviantart.com/fs46/f/2009/202/5/a/Beach_Detail_by_philosomatographer.jpg
(90/2.0 Macro at f/11, FP4+, 8x10in sepia-toned print)

"Grass glow"
Grasses swishing in late-afternoon sun and coastal wind.
http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs46/f/2009/202/c/5/Grass_glow_by_philosomatographer.jpg
(90/2.0 Macro at f/2.0, FP4+, 8x10in sepia-toned print on glossy RC
paper)

"Delicate things come in threes"
I decided to, for the moment, leave this on a cold steely colour,
tempted as I am to tone it.
http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs46/f/2009/202/d/a/Delicate_things_come_in_threes_by_philosomatographer.jpg
(90/2.0 Macro at ~f/11.0 [cant remember], FP4+, 8x10in print on glossy
RC paper)

Any comments / criticism appreciated. I often feel, it's as if the
90/2.0 Macro has the ability
to draw objects as if they are lit from the inside. This is such a
wonderful lens, and I am fortunate
to have found one.

Dawid