Re: [OM] first one with the 300mm ƒ/4,5

Subject: Re: [OM] first one with the 300mm ƒ/4,5
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2009 18:21:58 -0300
C.H., thanks a lot for looking and commenting. Could not answer before,
it's been a busy day and still not finished.

Yes, it is obviously big and obstructive - so big in fact, that I
couldn't move it.
And stubborn too: it wouldn't move no matter how sweet I spoke to it.
Perhaps deaf, but it wouldn't say either ;-)

Agree, it's not a good composition, it's only the best I could find
after I saw the hole in the 'ombú' trunk, and the oblique lighting was
changing too quickly. As always, I learn something from your words: this
time you lead me into investigating how do painters (the whole
Impressionism <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impressionism> would be
worth looking at) cope with focus in landscapes ... seems to me they
don't care about it: they can put everything in focus, always.
Not true, OOF and other techniques for achieve three-dimensionality were
invented since Renaissance painting ...

Cheers,

Fernando.
 **