Re: [OM] Opinions and images wanted: OM Zuiko 35mm f/2.0

Subject: Re: [OM] Opinions and images wanted: OM Zuiko 35mm f/2.0
From: iwert bernakiewicz <zuikooh@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 15:57:57 +0200
> Forty years ago we were landing men on the moon.  We were not as technically
> inferior back then as we think. There were many refinements through the
> years--mostly in coatings and aspherical-shaped elements, but some lenses
> reached the pinnacle of design early on.  For the last 15 of those 40 years,
> development has been in zoom lenses, anyway.
>
> AG
> --

Yes, and to know that they don't know how to get back because they
lost the original blueprints to continue the work from there... It
sure wasn't bad 40 years back, for one thing, I wasn't born yet (just
:).
But one of my earliest memories is being in the living room of my
babtcha and we all looking at a very grainy black & white TV (from the
bad antenna) of the launch of Skylab III. I still see this rocket
going!

Iwert