Re: [OM] More on DOF and focal length (by Ctein)

Subject: Re: [OM] More on DOF and focal length (by Ctein)
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 21:31:14 -0400
The CoC is a linear measure (diameter of the circle).  Therefore I think
the correct answer is a linear relationship.  For a 4/3 sensor a factor
of two and not four.  You can see that at work in the following
calculator (which does DoF as well as other things lens related).  It
recommends 0.03mm for 35mm size and 0.019 for Canon and Nikon small
sensor cameras.  That works out to be pretty much in between a 1.5 and
1.6 divisor for the crop factors of Nikon and Canon... a linear
relationship.  <http://www.tawbaware.com/maxlyons/calc.htm>

Chuck Norcutt