Re: [OM] See your kodachrome in action

Subject: Re: [OM] See your kodachrome in action
From: "Sue Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 08:58:00 -0500
There was a day when Kodak sold film, lots of it, and was looking for ways
to sell even more. Kodachrome, always a poor seller compared to
alternatives, was shackled by the long turnaround time for processing. As a
solution, Kodak made what was called a Kodachrome minilab. It was a smaller
processor that would allow companies other than Kodak to do K12 or 14
processing. Several were purchased by large commerical labs, don't remember
which, but proved unsuccessful due to the requirement of having someone on
staff with degrees and experience in chemistry. Oh, well..........

Bill Pearce