Re: [OM] picture link

Subject: Re: [OM] picture link
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 00:35:26 -0700
Ken Norton wrote:
> CA is not the same as "Purple Fringing".

Oh-oh, agreement. ;-)

> Two seperate issues. This one looks more like CA, but I suspect that it is
> still in-camera processing related because it's a hard Red/Cyan artifact.
> Red on one side of a dark-light transition and cyan on the light-dark
> transition   Seeing that it is bidirectional, I'm leaning towards
> sensor-processing and not lens optics.
> But, yet, it could be lens optics.

Well, I'm not sure of the cause, but the cure is pretty easy. I enlarged
the crop to 200% for display to make the effect easier to see.
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/tech/Process/ColorFringe/ColorFringe.htm>

Is this the same thing you were talking about, Chuck. Does the solution
work for you?

Is this what you were talking about, Dawid? From the way you described
it, I was expecting something much less subtle.

Wayne, could you show me where the the magenta/green is located?

Moose