Re: [OM] RANT: Sample images taken with EP-1

Subject: Re: [OM] RANT: Sample images taken with EP-1
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 23:46:55 -0500

> OMG! There we are, in tune again. It's like a seesaw. :-)

No need to worry. Things will return to a proper balance in a minute.

> Face it, you are so far from a mass demographic for DSLRs that Oly would
> be crazy to build a camera for your tastes. ;-)

Right, just because I'm not a lemming.

Even your E-1 was bought second hand. Oly didn't make a dime from your
> purchase. Oddly enough, they have to actually sell cameras to stay in
> business. When was the last time you bought a new Oly camera for yourself?

I don't know how the refurb program works, but I suspect that Olympus at
least earned something from me--probably not enough to make a profit on. But
is that really my problem?  It's my money and will choose to spend it to my
ability--I also buy used vehicles. But actually, indirectly I am supporting
the manufacturers. If there wasn't a strong second-hand market, there
wouldn't be a strong first-hand market.

For the record, I bought a factory-refurb OM-1, a brand new IS-1, a brand
new IS-3, and a factory-refurb E-1. Had the E-20 been better than the A-1, I
would have purchased that new instead of the new A-1. We had bought an
D-380, which helped contribute to the fact that the three digital P&S
cameras purchased NEW since then are not labeled Olympus.

So, I don't think I'm to blame because I buy used--especially since I've
been such an outspoken proponent for nearly all things Olympus.

Aaah, that's better, the see has sawed.

Yes, back to normal.

AG