Re: [OM] RANT: Sample images taken with EP-1

Subject: Re: [OM] RANT: Sample images taken with EP-1
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 21:10:01 -0700
C.H.Ling wrote:

> I have some Pen collections, including Pen FT, F, Pen D... and some lenses,
> to me they are just for fun, I'm also bothered by the film grain.

Now that I think about it, I wonder why the Silver Schnozzed one didn't
embrace half frame, given his love of grain. :-P

> But this does not apply to everyone, two years ago a German colleague visit
> us, he was around 55, carrying an old brown leather case, inside it was a Pen
> FT and two (?) lenses. We had some talk, he told me he was still using
> the Pen FT as he main camera, he seems like it very much.

Yes, strictly personal preference. I was careful to say that it was me
who didn't 'get' the Pens. Clearly many others did and still do.

> To me vertical and horizontal shots were around 50/50, this can be seen from
> my galleries so I don't mind the Pen format.

Which nicely explains why there are so many versions of so many things,
to match the variety of needs and preferences.

Moose