Re: [OM] RANT: Sample images taken with EP-1

Subject: Re: [OM] RANT: Sample images taken with EP-1
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 23:15:18 +0800
Is the 35mm f/2.5 Skopar images 100% cropped from 4000dpi scan? If not I
don't know how to compare them.

Not having tested the lens and camera myself I will not comment on the image
quality, especially I found I usually got MUCH better result with RAW on
Olympus images. Over sharpening is usually the cause of noise images, "Auto
Gradation" is another noise source created by Olympus, it will boost up
underexposed images and make them very noisy. Since the images look having
normal exposure besides a low contrast so people may not know they have made
a wrong exposure. I found the problem on the E520 I once owned,
unfortunately "Auto Gradation" is the default ex-factory setting.

C.H.Ling