Re: [OM] E-P1 on CNET $750 mfr price for body

Subject: Re: [OM] E-P1 on CNET $750 mfr price for body
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 21:46:20 -0500
OMLS wrote:

> Enhanced wavelet digital signal processing techniques have pushed
> the E-P1 into TurePic V for improved noise and resolution, using the latest
> in multi-resolution wavelet signal processing creating a complex
> time-frequency plane lattice defined by the dyadic discretization of
> the a and b parameter, followed by thresholding and inverse wavelet
> transform that results in a truly astounding low noise high resolution
> image, with pleasing purple specifically enhanced for AG.

I believe a future generation of sensors will actually measure the
wavelength of the light falling upon each pixel position. Current sensor
technology uses colored filters to create a subtractive color-matrix to be
used inversely in an additive color-matrix during image recreation. However,
instead of colored filters, a sensor's bucket could be variable-depth and
would "resonate" to the wavelength of the light hitting it. The variable
depth could be accomplished by something like multiple layers of
liquid-crystals which are activated instantly and in progression to
effectively shorten the depth of the sensor's pixel column.  In case this
sounds familiar, this is the basis of a laser.

A filterless sensor would be completely free from the limitations of the
current arrays and would be totally free from colorspace issues as there is
absolutely no color subtractive/additive processing going on.  Inotherwords,
yellow is captured as yellow, not a combination of green and red.

Another variation of the theme would be to have each pixel "bucket" using a
variable color filter (using the anti-reflection coatings in lenses)
 throughout the depth of the bucket and the sensor itself would respond to
the light at the depth corresponding to the color hitting that bucket.
Again, the greater the depth of the bucket, the greater the potential range
of wavelengths that can be captured.

AG