[OM] E-P1 on CNET $750 mfr price for body

Subject: [OM] E-P1 on CNET $750 mfr price for body
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 19:50:54 -0400
Interesting from Jeff's link about the image processing-I wonder if
this new kid on the block will get the AG "pleasing purple processing"
award.  I had thought that problem was intrinisc to the Bayer array.
Perhaps some fancy footwork with the software has largely fixed that.

"The E-P1 integrates the latest generation of Olympus' image
processing, TruePic V, that, according to Olympus, delivers better
purples, an improved noise profile, and better sharpness. "

Also they compare it to the G10 and LX-3.  It is at an over 50%
surcharge and I hope the IQ will justify that.  Being able to mount
some Zuikos on it is worth a bunch, IMO.  This may be a super horse
cam, though the lens will protrude more.

Mike