Re: [OM] reasonably priced 3Ti 270400363196 you know where

Subject: Re: [OM] reasonably priced 3Ti 270400363196 you know where
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 09:34:45 -0500

> Hummmmmm......... looked at the map, a really bad neighborhood. Lunch only,
> I'll bet.

Nah.  It's scarier looking than it really is.  I would lock the doors to the
car, but don't be afraid of going there.  Except for one lunch, I've always
gone there in the evening and after dark. Non-issue.  But then again, I can
be a scary-looking individual.

They do a smashing take-out business. It's a rare moment when the parking
lot isn't full. When you factor in the take-out business, they are probably
about as busy as any of the big three.

Oh, the fries....  Make sure you try the fries.

If I could sum up the main difference between LC's and the others in Kansas
City is that LC's has the African-American heritage and knowledge of how to
do pork and chicken correctly. The others do beef better, but LC's does
everything else better.  The ribs and sausages are off the chart good.

The sauce is also brilliant. Pure genius.  The others have okay sauce, but
nothing really screaming "you ain't getting this anywhere else".

Although different in many ways, I consider LC's in Kansas City, US31 BBQ in
Muskegon and Whitehall Michigan, and Dixie's BBQ in Bellevue Washington to
be the must-stop places for 'Q in the world.  You haven't lived until you've
met "The Man".

For those not remembering, Dixie's BBQ's "The Man" is a concoction of
gurgling meanness not meant for the faint of stomach. It is the perfect
extension to the base "mild" sauce and when combined is the gold-standard
for sauces. If there is a better BBQ sauce in the world, I have no idea what
it could be.  Dixie's receives the Schnozz's "Must try before you die"
award.

AG