Re: [OM] (IMG) Deep Purple

Subject: Re: [OM] (IMG) Deep Purple
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 2009 02:46:45 -0300
Mmmmm, just done it again from scratch.

The slide is quite dark at the bottom, so I had pulled up the Luminosity
curve in NikonScan 402.
That was main reason.
Another has to do with curves: in the scanner sftwr I move each curve /
level channel separately 'till it looks almost right. Then I make a very
little adjustment using the RGB curve, If I'm not very careful contrast
increases very quickly, leading to an increase in lightness.

Ok, this does not increase diffraction but a larger image of the moon,
with its borders lacking sharpness.

Halation, perhaps - don't exactly remember what Ken said. But proper
diffraction is more noticeable in the film than in the scan.

Thanks, Chuck and Moose - I'd never had noticed by myself.

Fernando.

--
Dr. Fernando González Gentile M.D.
Av.L.P.Ponce 1526B - 11600 Montevideo, Uruguay.