Re: [OM] Image Storage on the Road

Subject: Re: [OM] Image Storage on the Road
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2009 14:20:14 -0700
Ken Norton wrote:
> Cheapest solution these days is just to buy more CF cards.

Are you sure about that?

Best deal I've seen for reasonably fast, first quality CF cards is the
three Sandisk Extreme III 30MB/s cards I recently bought for $12.95 each
net after rebate. 120GB of those would then be $388.50.

One may buy an Acer netbook refurb with 120GB HD for $230 from TigerDirect.

CF cards, small and light. Netbook, bigger, heavier, cheaper, and can do
more than just store images.

Not arguing here for or against either, just that CF cards aren't
necessarily the cheapest solution.

Moose