Re: [OM] (OT) Pixel (?) line on monitor

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) Pixel (?) line on monitor
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 15:30:22 -0400
No, you don't have insufficient RAM, you have insufficient test code.
The supplied test code is very simple and will do a couple quick
checks... sufficient if something has failed hard.  But intermittent
problems have to be beat upon by test code for minutes, hours, days or
even weeks to surface the problem.

The problem as you described it is perfectly consistent with failing
video RAM or elsewhere in the RAM addressing hardware.  What's coming
back to the screen is color information for that part of the image but
it's not what's supposedly stored there.  The fact that it moves about
from time to time tells me it's in some particular memory location but
where it appears depends upon what application or window of the app the
OS has currently assigned to use that failing piece.

Call Apple.  Let them send you a new one.

Chuck Norcutt