Re: [OM] New/old member

Subject: Re: [OM] New/old member
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 09:42:30 +0200
I think the raging Film vs Digital debates on photo.net have recently
proven quite conclusively that 35mm Ektar film has better resolution
and dynamic range than any DSLR to date, provided you exercise very
careful technique, especially in scanning. In terms of DR/Resolution,
the
E-3 is far from state of the art, so I imagine Ektar will be leaps and
bounds ahead of the E3 sensor.

I have never seriously shot colour negative film, but my recent
experimentation (of which I've posted here) did show than an OM-1 +
Z90/2.0 Macro
with Ilford FP4 has greater resolution in a print than an E-3 +
ZD50/2.0 Macro,
albeit with grain of course.

So your OM's will more than "Give the E3 a run for its money" - it will
wipe the floor with it if you're careful.

have fun!