Re: [OM] New/old member

Subject: Re: [OM] New/old member
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 22:44:28 -0700
Carlos J. Santisteban wrote:
> Hi all,
> I've recently joined the list, so I'd like to introduce myself.

Welcome back! I'm sure many of us remember you, as I do.

> .... Surprisingly, I'm not much into digital, although I own a Can*n EOS-300D
> (aka Digital Rebel) -- where I usually fit zuikos!

The 300D is a little dated from a specs standpoint, but it's quite a
capable camera. Do you know about the firmware hack that adds several
10D features? Hack makes it sound dangerous, but I've been using it for
years with no problems. I'm sure I would feel the camera was broken if I
lost it.

The 300D was my first venture into the DSLR world and I took many shots
I like with it. The images in the first three section of this gallery
are all taken using the 300D. <http://galleries.moosemystic.net/GGPark/>

I think it's been over a year since I really used it. I check that it's
still working before every trip where it is to act as back-up to the 5D.
I saw a guy using one last week on our little vacation. I still use OMs
and film, but rather seldom.

Moose