Re: [OM] (OT) Web Page Design (was: High Noon)

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) Web Page Design (was: High Noon)
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 May 2009 14:05:59 +0100
Thanks, CS.

Your peeve is a reasonable one, but its cause is MS rather than web
designers.  It is too much to assume standards will be followed across
the Internet, but for MS to have gone their own way was very annoying.

Back to my web pages and their fonts: it must be because I am using a
layout system that adjusts the type sizes automatically.  It allows me
to adjust the size of the enclosing box (called Blocks, from www.yourhead.com
) to fit the layout.  If I allow too little space for the enclosed
text it will shrink automatically.  I'll get it right.

You might have gathered by now that the instructions you gave me were
superfluous: I don't use IE except when forced to do so at work, on
the MOD network ("RLI").  I use Macs everywhere but work ...

Chris