Re: [OM] Bokeh on Film vs Digital

Subject: Re: [OM] Bokeh on Film vs Digital
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 07:19:08 +0200
I suspect also being an engineer (of the software kind) is what
prompted me
to reply to your mail in the first place! I must say, I am intrigued,
and would
love to do a real test on this. I would have, but I unfortunately do
not posses
the right equipment, but am willing to contribute in any way if
somebody wishes
to perform this test.

So - any takers? Ken? Let's see if the capture medium can have an
effect on this
difficult-to-define imaging characteristic: bokeh.

P.S. I am eager to find out about the "epiphany" you have experienced?
What did you
say? You've decided that you really don't actually like film after
all, and are letting
the OM-3Ti go? For... how much? $750 you say?

(oh wait, that conversation was just in my head. damn.)

On 12 May 2009, at 4:04 PM, Ken Norton wrote:

<snip>
> That's okay. I disagree with myself most of the too.  :)
>
> The point of my post was really to get people to think about this
> and test
> and try. I've come to conclusions based on my own usage and testing
> that
> there are differences AND as an engineer I try to figure out why these
> differences exist.  As others have pointed out, maybe it has less to
> do with
> the capture medium and more to do with the rest of the imaging
> process-flow.
<snip>