Re: [OM] clever use of available sensor real estate

Subject: Re: [OM] clever use of available sensor real estate
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 May 2009 14:10:53 -0700
C.H.Ling wrote:
> Moose, thanks for the checking and pointing out the trick about F12 is not
> the actual aperture value just equivalent with ND filter used.

And thanks for the complaint in the first place. Without it, I wouldn't
have investigated deeper, and would know less about the operation of
many digicams. My next question is going to be whether my A650 IS uses
an ND filter, as is believe the internally similar G9 does. That could
affect my choices of aperture.

> I'm not an anti-dp guy, on the contrary it is my mostly used reference site
> for DC/DSLR test but I didn't check out the details about F200EXR test as I'm
> not interested on it.

On that point, I wasn't responding specifically to you, which is why I
said "A lot of people bash the dpreview reviews" I was speaking to those
who have put down dpreview here on the list.

Moose