Re: [OM] clever use of available sensor real estate

Subject: Re: [OM] clever use of available sensor real estate
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 May 2009 07:01:47 -0400
I found this very interesting.  Not only did I not know of or anticipate
the use of ND filters in the exposure system but I wouldn't have thought
them necessary at all.  I had assumed they were using electronic
shutters at the chip level and would be able to accommodate any
brightness level via very fast exposure.  Obviously, there's much I
don't understand about how these things work... eg, why my Mynolta A1
uses both a mechanical and electronic shutter, why it can sync with its
built-in flash at any shutter speed but recommends only up to 1/250 for
Mynolta external flash units... even though I know it works faster than
that with the flash units I use.  Maybe it's manual vs auto exposure.

Chuck Norcutt