Re: [OM] ARTY pictures was Re: Working hours

Subject: Re: [OM] ARTY pictures was Re: Working hours
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 19:53:00 -0500
On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 4:30 AM, SwissPace <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Well I have over 12 weeks oustanding holiday and flexi time that I have
> as yet been unable to take, I also do more at work than my junior
> colleagues even though they spend the same time  at work (you can only
> delegate if they will actually do the work) BUT I still manage to take
> pictures every week and so I wondered if I could try and do a PAW arty
> gallery myself - not with an M8 though, mostly E3.
>
> Life is all about priorities  and photography is about carrying a camera
> with you always ( I learnt this from a postman who always had a camera
> in his van)  - with modern programs and websites its takes no time at
> all to load a pictures for others to see so snap while you eat or walk
> the dog as nathan does or like me with an ankle biter balanced on one
> foot a toddler under one arm and a half eaten sandwich held by my teeth
> in my mouth I still have a free hand to shoot, thank goodness for IS
>
> I hope you enjoy this my first weeks arty pictures upload - comments and
> constructive criticism always welcome otherwise how will I ever improve !!
>
> http://thattimeoflife.smugmug.com/gallery/8100207_JddWM#527979201_Jma2C
>> about working hours. From those who work few a week, enjoy extended
>> vacations, many stat holidays and the opportunity to pack an M8 where ever
>> they go make sure that your PAD and like posting are abundant. They are
>> interesting and worth viewing.

I see we're now having to explain how we came up with the time to
shoot our pics.  Sigh.

I'm beginning to feel I can almost tell the output of the E-3 by the
colors.  It's different from the E-1, but I don't like it less.  I was
shooting wildflowers yesterday (for those monitoring, it was a Sunday
-- I don't work Sundays), and that makes me appreciate the iris all
be-dewed.  I settled into a pattern of shooting at -.7 exp comp to
hold all the highlights in the flowers.  You've done a nice job with
that flower.

I think the photos are all done well, though I wouldn't call them
arty, really (except maybe for the rainbow?).  I think the coots are
the cutest, the bokeh on the flower shot is great, but I think the
last one is my favorite.

Joel W.