Re: [OM] Discovered treasure trove of NIB Olympus items...

Subject: Re: [OM] Discovered treasure trove of NIB Olympus items...
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 15:33:26 +0100
Dawid, an infamous vendor on a well-known auction site is listing the
following items.  As is well-known to many of us, the "new in box" goods are
most likely used, but in very good condition indeed, with the box.  I would
guess that these prices are 50% above a realistic market price (i.e. willing
buyer/willing seller).

35-70/3.6 - USD399 "new in box"
35-70/3.6 - USD199 not "new"
35/2.8 Shift - USD599 not "new"
18/3.5 - USD1299 not "new"
180/2.8 - USD599 not "new"
135/2.8 - USD199 not "new" NB not the f/3.5
200/4 - USD149 not "new" NB not the f/5

I would have no interest in buying genuinely new (or fake new, for that
matter), when there is reasonable readily available used equipment.

Piers