Re: [OM] Wide angle & polarizers

Subject: Re: [OM] Wide angle & polarizers
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 22:24:25 -0700
usher99@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Thanks Moose,
> Always really like and appreciate these step by step adjustments.

Thanks. You should enjoy the one I just posted of Bob's lighthouse. It
has detail on the gradient process.

> Howdya manipulate the curves? Adjustment layer on the sky with mild "S" curve?

That's the most likely answer. There's no way, at least through CS3, to
document curve settings other than with a screen capture*, so I have no
record of what I did. I often do a simple S curve, but also often do
something with bumps and wiggles.

* Now that I make that statement, I realize it's not true. You can
record an action, and read the detailed point settings in the action.
Anyway, I didn't do that. :-)

> I'll have time to try and emulate this next weekend.

Have fun! The only tricky part is creating the mask so it looks good
around the trees. Not particularly hard working, as here, with the full
size original, although it takes a bit of time to do right.

Moose