Re: [OM] Strange CF Card behaviour

Subject: Re: [OM] Strange CF Card behaviour
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2009 08:50:32 -0400
Actually, it's just the opposite.  When the computer formats the card
there are no files of any type installed although there is a small
amount of descriptive data that you normally cannot see.  When the
camera formats the card it should do exactly as the computer does but,
in addition, may add some folders that are meaningful only to the
specific brand of camera and may or may not be compatible with different
models from the same manufacturer.

The camera may also add additional folders during shooting if required.
  For example, my 5D numbers image files from 0001-9999.  I have the
camera set for continuous incrementing.  If it should hit 9999 and need
to rollover back to 0001 it will create another folder to contain the
second sequence.  On the Canon it's also possible to create your own
folders and specify which folder is to be used.  I suspect that most
other cameras can do the same.

Chuck Norcutt