Re: [OM] Strange CF Card behaviour

Subject: Re: [OM] Strange CF Card behaviour
From: Wayne Harridge <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2009 09:07:53 +1100

> Chuck Norcutt <> wrote:
>
> Have you tried formatting the card in the camera after getting the "card
>
> full" error?

Yes, tried that, still get "card error"

> If that doesn't work go back and reformat the card making sure that you
> do *not* use the "quick format" option.

I definitely didn't use "quick format" in the PC, but I did just accept the
default which may have been inappropriate for the camera.  I'll try exploring
the format options on the PC and see whether the camera handles it differently.

> I suspect the problem is lame Olympus firmware.  Let us know what
> happens.

Yes, probably.  I wonder whether the camera essentially only does a "quick
format" and not a "full format".

...Wayne

Wayne Harridge

http://lrh.structuregraphs.com