Re: [OM] Anniversary

Subject: Re: [OM] Anniversary
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 09:55:11 +0200
On 24 Mar 2009, at 6:33 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
>> And why would that be?  Because all of them on Ebay just suddenly
>> got sold
> out?

Not really, no. It's just too big in my opinion (the tiny zuiko primes
really suit the OM bodies best),
and even it still suffers from the bane of most standard zooms -
distortion. It's a personal thing, but
I will gladly give up resolving power for less distortion on the wide
side of a lens.

And I much prefer f/2 lenses, but I am a fast lenses junkie, and shoot
them wide open most of the time.
I much rather carry around a 35/2.0, 50/1.2 and 90/2.0, have a kit
that is not any heavier, and have much
greater optical capability. But I can see if one cannot change lenses
that the 35-80 is very very desirable.

But not for me. So, unlike the implications of your statement (i.e.
remorse for not getting one for cheap
in time) I do greatly respect this wonderful zoom lens, but I have had
it with  zoom lenses personally.